It is recommended that instead of inventing the wheel that you use one of your DONE FOR YOU products to start the process of adding a product. You can for more information about the DONE FOR YOU products HERE.
If you would like to start from scratch. Here is how you add a simple product.
- Go to Business Suite Dashboard/Shop/Add Product.
- Enter a product TITLE and DESCRIPTION.
- **Do NOT CLICK Edit with Elementor. Learn more about changing the look of your product HERE
- Go to Product Data
PRODUCT DATA BOX
Select downloadable (digital) or virtual (service) if applicable.
If you choose Downloadable – this adds two new fields.
- File path — Path or url to your downloadable file.
- Download limit – Limit on number of times the customer can download file. Left blank for unlimited downloads.
Note *The Completed Order email will not contain the downloadable links.
Regular Price – Item’s normal/regular price
Sale Price – Item’s discounted price that can then be scheduled for certain date ranges. Schedule: The sale expires at 11:59pm of the specified end date
Elex Name Your Price– Allows your customer to name their own price.
The inventory section allows you to manage stock for the product individually and define whether to allow back orders and more. It enables you to sell products and allow customers to add them to the cart to buy.
Enable Stock Management must be selected in Products Inventory Settings; otherwise, only the ‘Stock status’ option is visible in the Product Data Inventory box.
When stock management at product level is disabled. You are responsible for updating the Stock Status.
Options when Manage stock level (quantity) is enabled.
Enter the Stock Quantity, and WooCommerce auto-manages inventory and auto-updates Stock Status as Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
Select whether to Allow Backorders
Low stock threshold – Enter a number upon which you are notified.
Tick the Sold Individually box to limit the product to one per order.
- Weight – Weight of the item.
- Dimensions – Length, width and height for the item.
- Shipping Class – Shipping classes are used by certain shipping methods to group similar products.
LINKED PRODUCT SECTION
Using up-sells and cross-sells, you can cross promote your products. They can be added by searching for a particular product and selecting the product from the dropdown list.
Up-sells are displayed on the product details page. These are products that you may wish to encourage users to upgrade, based on the product they are currently viewing. For example, if the user is viewing the coffee product listing page, you may want to display tea kettles on that same page as an up-sell.
Cross-sells are products that are displayed with the cart and related to the user’s cart contents. As an example, if the user adds a Nintendo DS to their cart, you may want to suggest they purchase a spare stylus when they arrive at the cart page.
On the Attributes tab, you can assign details to a product. You will see a select box containing global attribute sets you created (e.g., platform). More at: Managing Product Categories, Tags and Attributes.
Once you have chosen an attribute from the select box, click add and apply the terms attached to that attribute (e.g., Nintendo DS) to the product. You can hide the attribute on the frontend by leaving the Visible checkbox unticked.
Custom attributes can also be applied by choosing Custom product attribute from the select box. These are added at the product level and won’t be available in layered navigation or other products.
- Purchase note – enter an optional note to send the customer after they purchase the product.
- Menu order – custom ordering position for this item.
- Enable Reviews – enable/disable customer reviews for this item. Learn more about managing reviews.
HARBOR MARKETING INTEGRATION
This is where you add the tags that will trigger your benchmarks in your funnels and apply information to your contacts.
PRODUCT SHORT DESCRIPTION BOX
Add an excerpt. This typically appears next to product imagery on the listing page, and the long description appears in the Product Description tab.
THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN
SETTING CATALOG VISIBILITY OPTIONS AND FEATURE STATUS
- Shop only – Visible in shop pages and category pages, but not search results.
- Shop and search – Visible everywhere, shop pages, category pages and search results.
- Search only – Visible in search results, but not in the shop page or category pages.
- Hidden – Only visible on the single product page – not on any other pages.
You can also set whether the product is promoted in product categories, up-sells, related products as a Featured Product. For example, you could tick the Featured box on all bundles you sell.
Add a main product image and a gallery of images.
Refer to the article mentioned above for how to change the overall look of your product page.
PRODUCT CATEGORIES and TAGS
Product categories and tags work in much the same way as normal categories and tags you have when writing posts in WordPress which also optimize SEO. They can be created, edited, and selected at any time. This can be done when you first create a product or come back and edit it or the category/tag specifically.
POST ATTRIBUTES and POST SETTINGS
Template – best to leave at Default Template. Editing of other options will be done we we do the overall look.
Post Settings optimal settings:
- Transparent Header – Default
- Layout – Full Width
- Content Style – any setting her is fine
- Content Vertical Padding – Disable
When you are finished, hit Publish or Update to save your Product.